Friday, March 8, 2013

Recipes for Homemade Dishwasher & Dish Soaps





DISHWASHER DETERGENT- 1 cup Borax 1 cup Baking Soda 1/4 cup Table Salt 2 packets Lemon Kool-Aid Mix all the ingredients in a tightly sealed container and use 1-2 tablespoons per load of dishes.


LIQUID DISH SOAP -1 ½ cup of hot water -½ cup liquid castile soap (like Dr. Bonner's) -1 tablespoon of white vinegar -1 tablespoon of Arm&Hammer’s Super Washing Soda (used to thicken the soap) -1/8 teaspoon of tea tree oil (optional) MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER, THEN ADD THE HOT WATER--WHISK TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL WELL-BLENDED. THEN ALLOW TO COOL BEFORE USE.

5 comments:

  1. Have you compared the cost versus homemade and store bought? Also what about the cleaning ability? I really want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why the KoolAid mix I can't figure out that part? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its the amount of citric acid that it contains :) It also helps in cleaning your dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valuable data shared. I am glad to peruse this vacate cleaners | End of lease cleaning bondi | Bond cleaning bondi article. Much obliged for giving us pleasant information. Awesome stroll through. I value this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Mum that lives in a rural area and has very hard well water, I must advise caution using Borax. Borax is a natural mineral product, that does not completely dissolve in solution. *I* have had serious difficulty with Borax building up in *my* plumbing, attaching to the mineraly, calcium-y, silty yuck mud that I had to deal with.

    If you have soft water, city water, reliable hi-flow pressure, you're good to go! But if even one rural Mum with hard well water like mine is spared replacing pipes as I had to do, it is worth the caveat. And there are probably 1 in 10,000 of us.

    I adore the fact that you share such wonderful, frugal, eco-healthy tips with us. Sometimes I just don't realize there's an alternative until I come across someone like you saying, "Hey, look! There is a Plan B!"

    ReplyDelete